Monday, August 15, 2016

Notes on Heaven....


                        HEAVEN


*At Death* 

Man is a trichotomy (1Thess. 5:23)


Body: Goes back to the dust (Gen. 3:19; Job 4:18-19; Eccles. 12:7; 2Cor. 5:1)

Spirit: Returns back to God (Eccles. 12:7; Zechariah 12:1)

Soul: Of the save goes to sleep until the Rapture. Of the unsaved and rightness until the 2nd resurrection. (Ps. 17:15; 30:3; Job 33:22; Ps. 16:10; Acts 2:27; 13:36).  


Since no one is in Heaven as of yet we must deal with the subject of Heaven in this perspective........ What will Heaven be like after the Rapture, Tribulation, 2nd Coming, & the Millennial Reign of Christ.



1 Corinthians 2:9-10;

(9). But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

(10). But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

"But as it is written" = in the Old Testament (Isa. 64:4)

"The beginning of the world" = (Acts 3:21) the world began in Adam.

John 14:1-6;

(1). Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 

(2). In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 

(3). And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 

(4). And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 

(5). Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 

(6). Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.





Revelation 22:1-6;

(1). And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 

(2). In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 

(3). And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 

(4). And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 

(5). And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. 

(6). And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.


*The Third Heaven* (1 Thess. 4:1)

*The New Heavens and New Earth will be established during the Seventh Day of God's Creative Week and they will remain forever *
(Isa. 66:22; Rev. 22:1)

The New Heavens and New Earth (Isa.65:17; 2Pet.3:7, 10-14; Revelation 21:1-7)

At the end of the Millennium rain, the earth will have completed a time cycle of forty-two thousand years. This will be the end of the sixth day of creation. There are seven creative days in God's creative week. The Seventh Day is called, "God's day of Rest". 

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Genesis 2:1-3)

God will bring in the seventh day by making all things new. 

"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying." (Isaiah 65:17-19)


"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." (Revelation 21:5)

He will make a New Earth and New Heavens that will be filled with righteousness 

"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." (Revelation 21:1-5)


This is God's day of rest for him and his people (Gen.2:2; Heb.4:9)

David shall be king over the New Earth this will be his reward. Because David is apart of the Church our reward will be the same as his. The Church will be in the havens ruling and reigning as kings just as David will on the New Earth. We will be kings but JESUS is the King of kings.

"And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people."(Ezekiel 37:24, 27)


"And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd." (Ezekiel 34:23)


"But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them." (Jeremiah 30:9)


"I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven." (Psalms 89:20, 29)


"In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:" (Amos 9:11)


When the New Heavens and the New Earth appear we will have entered into God's heavenly kingdom in its fullness. 

"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."  (Revelation 21:24)

Those of God's Heavenly Kingdom, the church shall reign not only on the earth (During the millennium) but when the Earth and Heavens are made New we shall reign on the other planets that will be planted with seed from the New Earth in that day. The Bible uses "world and "heavens" for planets.

"And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people." (Isaiah 51:16) 


Enoch was the seventh from Adam. (Jude14) He was the type of the seventh day of creation. At 365 years of age He was translated. So those on the New Earth when they reach 365 years of age will be translated and planted on the other planets that God will then have made habitable by His fire of purification. They will live forever there and multiply and fill those planets and we of the heavenly kingdom (Church) will rule over them even as David will rule on the New Earth. This will complete God's family 

"That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:" (Ephesians 1:10)


"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:7)

by Bryant A. Murphy
Pastor of Christ Temple Holiness Church of the Apostolic Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment